All on 4 Dental Implants Pros & Cons

Dental implants are a type of artificial teeth used to restore both the look and function of a patient’s smile.

But if you’re dealing with severe tooth loss or damage, getting individual implants for each tooth can be quite costly. So instead, you can opt for All-on-4 implants and replace the entire arch with just one procedure. 

This solution sounds great, but is it right for you? Are there any caveats to it? Keep reading to find out!

Who Is a Candidate for All-on-4 Dental Implants?

If you’re a good candidate for regular dental implants, then you should have no problems getting all-on-4 implants. 

Patients will receive four dental implants strategically placed into the jaw bone, after which a comfortable denture is permanently attached to the implant to replace the full arch.

You may be a good candidate for this procedure if you:

  • Have severe dental damage or tooth loss.
  • Don’t have an allergy to titanium.
  • Have healthy gums.
  • have enough bone mass

All-on-4 implants: Pros

The advantages of All-on-4 implants can include:

  • Offer a completely natural look
  • Feel like natural teeth
  • Dentures are permanently fixed and won’t fall out while eating or speaking
  • Maintenance is simple and requires daily brushing and flossing
  • Support jawbone health by stimulating the bone while chewing
  • Prevent the facial muscles from collapsing and changing your facial features, etc.

All-on-4 implants: Cons

This restoration also comes with some drawbacks to consider:

  • They can be costly, especially if you need to replace both arches.
  • While they’ll eventually feel like natural teeth, patients need some time to get used to speaking and eating with All-on-4 implants.
  • The denture provides a different "feeling" because it doesn’t feature individual teeth

What’s Their Success Rate?

All-on-4 implants have an impressive success rate. Only around 5% of patients experience implant failure, while the other 95% will enjoy a successful restoration.

The risk of failure is low because you’ll be screened before getting this procedure. Your dentist will take into account your oral health and medical history to determine if you’re a good candidate.

Moreover, they can also recommend some additional procedures or treatments to improve your chances, like bone grafts to restore a healthy jawbone.

Are They Worth It?

With natural and comfortable results and a high success rate, All-on-4 implants are a fantastic way to restore your smile’s appearance and function.

But to truly know if they are worth it for you, it’s best to speak to a specialist.

How Aaron Ward Periodontics and Dental Implants Can Help

If you’re interested in All-on-4 or other types of dental implants, one short consultation with Dr. Aaron T. Ward can reveal if they’re the right solution for you. 

Schedule a visit to Aaron Ward Periodontics and Dental Implants online or call us at (801) 394-6651.

Get the Periodontal Care You Deserve

Healthy, Happy Gums Await

Request an Appointment